Are you a fan of podcasts and listen to them regularly on your iPhone while driving, training, or walking? In this article, we will tell you how to save podcasts to your smartphone for listening without the Internet.
♥ BY TOPIC: All the functions of the buttons of the original headphones from the iPhone.
Even with the spread of the Internet, it is not always possible to stay in touch or expect a connection to be always stable and fast enough. This can be a real problem. Leaving home, you have to rely on cellular to listen to podcasts. But you may find yourself in an area where neither the mobile Internet is available, nor is there any connection at all. Depending on the signal level of the network used, the speed of the Internet can constantly change, sometimes even decreasing to zero. Because of this, streaming quality may be poor or even unbearable. And this is exactly the scenario when offline listening has an advantage.
In this article, we’ll show you how to download podcasts to your iPhone for later listening offline in popular applications: Podcasts from Apple and a third-party program Overcast.
♥ BY TOPIC: In iOS 14, either the green or the orange indicator lights up at the top of the screen: what are they for?
How to save podcasts on iPhone for offline listening in the Podcasts app
Download podcasts that you subscribe to or that are present in your standard application library Podcastsis a fairly simple and straightforward procedure.
1. Open the preinstalled application Podcasts on your iPhone. If for some reason the program is not available on the device, download this link.
2. Go to the section “Overview” and click on the podcast you are interested in.
3. You will see a list of available episodes for this particular podcast. Here you can subscribe to it, but now it does not interest us. Click on the “+“Located next to each episode to add it to your library.
4. Now that you have added the episode to your “Media Library”, you can see the option with downloading it. Click on the new cloud icon to the right of the item to start downloading this particular episode to your iPhone.
5. Now go to the section Media Library in the application Podcaststo view all podcasts added to your library. Click on any of the podcasts displayed here, according to your preference.
6. Here you can see all the episodes of this selected podcast.
Recordings available for listening in offline mode will not have cloud upload options next to them.
7. In addition, you can check the availability of all downloaded episodes for any of the added podcasts by simply clicking Uploaded Issues in section Media Library this app.
8. By default, the Podcasts application itself downloads new episodes of the program you are subscribed to. However, this can be changed by going to Settings → Podcasts → Download Issues.
You can choose an option Unplayableto download all unheard episodes.
♥ BY TOPIC: Tap on iPhone cover – take a screenshot: how to attach actions to touching the back of the iPhone.
How to download podcasts on iPhone for listening without the Internet in the Overcast application
According to many podcast fans, the Overcast app is the best podcast receiver in the App Store. The application has a number of unique functions, such as: changing the playback speed, the presence of a smart mode to remove pauses, the ability to increase the volume of the voice, etc. So:
1. Download Overcast App for iPhone and iPad (App Store)
2. Click on the icon “+” in the upper right corner and select the necessary podcasts.
3. After selecting a podcast, tap the episode you want to download to your device. In the menu that appears, click “Download”.
4. The list of podcasts downloaded to the device can be viewed in the section Storage Overcast application settings by clicking on the corresponding button in the upper left corner of the main screen.
5. If desired, the listened episode can be deleted by selecting it and confirming the deletion by pressing the button Delete Downloads.
That’s all. Now you know how to download podcasts for offline listening on your iPhone.
Despite the fact that we focused on the iPhone, you can follow the same steps to download podcasts to your iPad or even iPod Touch, if you still have this device.
This feature can be very useful if you travel a lot. Whether you are flying or just traveling somewhere, you don’t need to worry about any interruptions while listening due to the lack of an Internet connection.
In this case, offline listening will gradually consume valuable space on your device. Therefore, it’s important to clear the podcast repository and delete episodes that you no longer need.
We hope you learn how to download your favorite podcasts to your iPhone without any problems. What do you think of the offline listening feature? Share with us your opinion and experience in the comments.