Today, mini-speakers connected to gadgets via Bluetooth are quite popular accessories. You can connect them to your Mac (MacBook, iMac, Mac mini, etc.), expanding the sound range of standard speakers. Thanks to a wireless speaker, for example, an Apple laptop can turn into a real mini-cinema with impressive deep sound.
♥ BY TOPIC: Key Features ⌥Option (Alt) on Mac (macOS), 20 chips you might not know about.
Connecting a Bluetooth speaker to a Mac is a fairly simple task. The main requirement is one – the included wireless interface on the computer itself and the location of the audio device within range of the signal.
Make sure that the speaker is not paired with other active devices nearby. Then you should first disconnect from them.
MacOS is generally easily paired via Bluetooth with any audio device, from headsets to trendy speakers.
Our step-by-step guide will be useful for those who have never previously paired their Mac with speakers via Bluetooth or who have no experience wirelessly connecting audio devices to a computer. We will show you step by step how to connect a Bluetooth speaker to your Mac.
♥ BY TOPIC: The most difficult passwords: how to think up correctly and not to forget them – 2 tips from the hacker.
How to connect a Bluetooth speaker to Mac?
1. Turn on the power of the wireless speaker and put it into detection mode. This is usually done by pressing the power key or a special button with the Bluetooth icon.
2. On a macOS device, click on the menu in the upper right corner and select “System Settings”.
3. Go to the section Bluetooth.
4. In the panel that opens, turn on the wireless interface if it is disabled. After a new element with a speaker icon appears in the device list, click on the button “Connect” on the right side of the line.
5. Wait a few seconds. After connecting the Bluetooth speaker, a small inscription appears in the list of devices below it “Connected”.
After connecting the Bluetooth speaker, adjust the sound volume. This can be done both on the speaker itself and on the computer.
The easiest way to test the sound transmission is to open iTunes (the Music app on macOS Catalina and later), click on the AirPlay icon and play any song or watch some video on YouTube. Audio should flow to the wireless speakers.
In our example, the MacBook Pro is connected to an inexpensive, but fairly high-quality speaker system with AliExpress. It significantly exceeds the sound quality of the speakers built into the laptop.
♥ BY TOPIC: How to create a schedule of sleep modes and automatically turn on the Mac.
How to disconnect a Bluetooth column from Mac (macOS)?
The easiest way to unplug your Mac’s wireless audio device is to turn off the speaker power. But only when you turn it on again, the device will try to pair again. But if you don’t need to disconnect the speaker, and you still need it to connect via Bluetooth to your iPad or iPhone, you will have to cancel the pairing with the audio device in the Mac menu bar or in the Bluetooth control panel.
1. On the macOS menu bar, click the Bluetooth icon.
2. In the device section, find the column you are using. When you click on it, a submenu will appear in which you need to click Disable.
Another way to turn off the speaker is to turn off Bluetooth on the Mac itself. But such a solution may not be practical, because many users use a wireless keyboard, mouse and other accessories.
♥ BY TOPIC: Hidden camera from a Mac computer, how to make using the Spy Cam application.
How to remove (forget) a Bluetooth speaker on a Mac?
To prevent the Mac from connecting to a specific speaker again and not being detected anymore, you can turn off this audio device on your computer.
1. Open the menu and select “System Settings”.
2. Select the Bluetooth settings panel.
3. To the right of the name of the audio device, click the cross icon.
4. Confirm the removal of the connected speaker from the system.
Since the speaker is disconnected from the computer and removed from it, if you need to connect an audio device via Bluetooth, you will need to do the same steps above.