Given the cost Apple watch, For sure, among the users of this device there are many who want to eventually update the appearance of smart watches for a relatively small price, simply replacing the strap.
♥ BY TOPIC: Alarm clock on Apple Watch: how to enable, configure and manage.
You can own both a sporting Apple Watch with a bright blue rubber bracelet and a classic Apple Watch with a more sophisticated Milanese bracelet. But no one forces you to get hung up on the same strap throughout the entire life cycle of a watch.
There are many options for interesting bracelets, both from Apple and from third-party manufacturers. Replacing the bracelet is a simple and painless process for the device itself. If you want to give your Apple Watch more personality and make them truly “your”, you can simply change the strap.
At first glance, replacing a strap or bracelet Apple watch should not cause difficulties, but if you perform this procedure regularly, you should observe safety precautions.
♥ BY TOPIC: Water resistant Apple Watch Series 5, 4, 3, 2, 1: is it possible to swim and what you need to know.
Are the straps and bracelets from older versions of Apple Watch suitable for new models?
Yes! For example, for Series 4 or Series 5 watches, straps from the very first Apple Watch and Apple Watch Series 1, 2 and 3 are quite suitable. All bracelets for cases with a diameter of 38 mm and 40 mm, as well as 42 mm and 44 mm, are fully compatible .
♥ BY TOPIC: How to enable power-saving mode (Eco mode) in Apple Watch.
How to replace (remove) a strap or bracelet on an Apple Watch
1. Organize the workplace. In order not to scratch the screen, the Apple Watch should lie on a clean surface, it can be a soft rug or microfiber. The dial of the device should look down.
2. To remove the bracelet or strap, press and hold the lock button located at the bottom of the Apple Watch. While holding it down, slide the bracelet itself to the side. In case you plan to replace the block bracelet, proceed to the following instructions.
3. If you did not succeed, then press the lock button again and make sure that it is held while the bracelet is moving to the side.
4. The strap is removed! Repeat for the second part of the strap.
Installing a new strap is just as easy: you just need to insert the connectors of the new strap into the corresponding slots on the Apple Watch. In this case, the inscription on the strap should be on the outside.
♥ BY TOPIC: How on Apple Watch to quickly calculate the total score for all guests and determine the tip.
How to remove or install a block bracelet on an Apple Watch
Certain difficulties may arise when replacing a block bracelet. It can be removed by simultaneously pushing both fasteners, but in this case the bracelet breaks, which, in turn, can damage the clasp. To safely replace the block bracelet, it must first be separated into two parts using the buttons on the inside near the clasp.
Please note that detaching the strap does not require special physical strength, as does twisting. In order not to damage either the clasp or the bracelet itself, do the following:
1. Close the butterfly clasp; to do this, close its sides until it clicks.
2. Before removing the bracelet, divide it into two parts. To do this, on the inside of the bracelet, find the quick disconnect button, press and hold it.
3. Gently pull the links in different directions while holding the quick release button.
4. Now, after disconnecting the strap, it is very easy to remove it, press the strap lock button on the Apple Watch itself and holding it, slide the part of the bracelet to the side. Repeat for the second part of the bracelet.
♥ BY TOPIC: How to use the Camera (photo and video) in Apple Watch: an overview of all the features.
How to remove or replace a Milanese mesh bracelet
Since 2018, the design of the classic Milanese mesh bracelet for the Apple Watch has become different. Now the strap can be removed completely by pulling the magnetic closure through the eyes or the strap connector. On previous models, the fastener could not be pulled through this narrow hole.
♥ BY TOPIC: How to use an Apple Watch to find an iPhone if it’s lost in the dark.
Do not use an unsecured strap or bracelet with the Apple Watch.
If you don’t feel the click, try moving the strap slightly to one side and then returning it. In case of correct fixation, the bracelet should not arbitrarily move them side to side without the pressed lock button.
If you cannot fix the strap and it moves effortlessly from side to side, do not use it with the Apple Watch.