Any photograph is supplied with a certain amount of hidden information called metadata. This can be the date the image was taken, the camera model and parameters of the snapshot, information about the location, owner, etc.
♥ BY THEME: Which smartphone has the best camera in 2021 – Top 15.
Such information can sometimes tell even more than the image itself. Therefore, users sometimes need to change the metadata of a photo, the most convenient way is to do this right on the iPhone itself. Someone needs to delete location information during the photo, correct the date of the photo, add the necessary data.
With the release of iOS 15 and iPadOS 15, Apple added the ability to view and edit EXIF metadata on photos on iPhone and iPad. In this article we will show you how to do it.
♥ BY THEME: Tap on iPhone Cover – Take a screenshot: How to bind actions to tap on the back of an iPhone.
How to view / change Exif metadata of location, dates, etc. in the Photos app on iPhone
Every image in the Photos app now has a new button available “I” (Information) that opens Exif metadata, including: aspect ratio, information about the camera used for the photo, and the location where it was taken.
Previously, it was not possible to view this information directly in the Photos application on the iPhone, so to view it, you had to use third-party applications (see below), create a quick command, or use another device altogether.
This interface can be used to add captions and view the location where the photo was taken, and it is also possible to change metadata such as the date and location of the photo.
In order to change the date of the snapshot, press the button Make changes, select a new date and press Done…
In order to change the location (coordinates) on the photo, click on the appeared thumbnail on the map, and then the button Edit…
In some photos next to the button “Information” a sparkle will also be shown. This means the device has recognized the object or object in the photo and you can see additional information in the search mode.
There is also a new ability to press the Live button for any Live photo to automatically switch it to Loop, Pendulum or Long exposure mode.
♥ BY THEME: How to view photos and videos taken on an iPhone or iPad on a map.
How to change or add location information to a photo using the Exif Metadata app
This app is available as a free download from the App Store for your iPhone. Exif Metadata can be installed on the iPad, but it is worth considering the fact that the program is optimized for use on a smartphone.
After downloading Exif Metadata and installing it, the application must be launched and the following steps must be performed:
1. Allow the program to access your photos.
2. From the list of displayed albums, select the desired photo. A window will open with detailed metadata for this file, including information about the location of the camera during the snapshot.
3. Click the button Edit locationto change the current data or add new ones.
4. It is possible to use the location search to add your current location or enter coordinates in the field Search Location… And you can navigate the map with your finger. Setting the pin to the end point is done with a long press on it.
5. After finishing the selection of coordinates, press the button Save in the upper right corner.
♥ BY THEME: How to add a voice alert when iPhone or iPad is charging.
How to change the date and time of a photo
Metadata also allows you to find out the date of the photo. This parameter can also be changed.
1. Scroll to the bottom of the Exif Metadata window and click the button there. Edit Exif to start editing.
2. Find the date field, Date, and click on it. The classic date selection form will open. Similarly, you can change the time when the photo was created by clicking on the field Time…
3. After finishing the changes press the button Save…
♥ BY THEME: How to create a double in a photo (clone objects) on iPhone…
Modifying or adding other metadata
In a photo, you can change not only the location, date and time data, but also some other metadata elements.
1. At the bottom of the Exif Metadata window, click the Edit Exif…
2. Click on any metadata section to make changes.
3. After finishing editing press the button. Save in the upper right corner.
If for some reason you need to change the metadata for a photo, the Exif Metadata app is a great option. The program’s interface is simple and intuitive, the options for changes are quite flexible, and the program itself is free.