With the release of iOS 14, Apple for some reason decided to abandon the favorite contacts widget, which was popular with users. The old widget allowed you to make a quick call on the locked screen of the iPhone.
♥ BY THEME: How to properly set up your favorite contacts widget on iPhone.
A completely new widget has been added instead of the favorite contacts widget Contacts, which independently adds the most important subscribers (according to the system), but if you wish, you can place any contacts. In this article, we will show you how to use this widget.
Through the widget, you can not only call the subscriber, but also quickly send messages (SMS, iMessage and e-mail), make audio or video calls via FaceTime, and also view the contact’s location (if the user is added to the Latitude application).
♥ BY THEME: How to block calls on iPhone from numbers No Caller ID or Unknown.
How to add the Contacts widget
Widget Contacts can be added both to the screen Today (can be accessed from the lock screen) and on the home screen next to the application icons.
To add a widget to the Today screen
1. Slide the iPhone home screen from left to right.
2. Press the button Change…
3. Click the “+” button in the upper left corner
4. Scroll down and select a widget Contacts…
5. Select the size of the widget – for 1, 4 or 6 contacts and press the button Add widget…
6. Click Ready…
If you want the Today view to be available from the lock screen, follow the path: Settings → Face ID & Passcode and set the switch “Today’s View and Search” in the on position.
It is worth noting that if you open the widget on the locked screen, then instead of the photos of the subscribers, white circles will be placed, and the widget itself will not be available.
To add a widget to your home screen
1. Press and hold your finger on an area free from application icons.
2. Press the button “+” in the upper left corner.
3. Scroll down and select a widget Contacts…
4. Select the size of the widget – for 1, 4 or 6 contacts and press the button Add widget…
5. Click Ready…
♥ BY THEME: How to remove mimoji stickers from iOS keyboard on iPhone and iPad.
How to add or change contacts in the Contacts widget
1. Press and hold your finger on the widget until the context menu appears.
2. Select “Change widget”…
3. Tap on an existing contact from the list provided.
4. Select the required contact.