Unlike computers, when working with e-mail on mobile devices, problems may arise with adding various files to the text of the message. Not all applications support this feature, but even with the release of iOS 9, the need for third-party software has disappeared.
♥ BY TOPIC: How to view photos and videos shot on an iPhone or iPad on a map.
The developers added the option of attaching files to letters in the standard Mail program, making it possible to quickly add and send files by e-mail. The following instructions for using this feature apply mainly to iPhone and iPad. In this article, we talked about how to add an e-mail box to the Mail application on iPhone and iPad.
♥ BY TOPIC: “Find friends”, or how to see the whereabouts of friends.
How to add new places (cloud storage) to iPhone or iPad?
Adding files to an email is directly related to the work of a standard application Files. First you need to add the necessary cloud storage to the list of places of the Files application, for this:
1. Install the official client application of the cloud storage that you want to add from the App Store, for example, it can be Yandex.Disk, iCloud, Google Drive, Dropbox, etc.
2. Open the standard application Files on iPhone or iPad, go to the tab Overview and click the icon with the image of three dots in a circle located in the upper right corner.
3. In the pop-up window that appears, select Edit.
4. Turn the switches opposite the necessary “cloud” applications to Included. Click Finish. Check that the list of places displays the necessary services.
♥ ON TOPIC: iPhone tracks all your movements (visited places): where to watch it and how to turn it off.
How to attach files to emails on iPhone or iPad from the cloud (Yandex.Disk, iCloud, Google Drive, Dropbox, etc.)
1. Open the application mail and click on the icon for creating a new letter in the lower right corner.
2. A window will appear with a field where you should enter the mailing address of the user to whom you plan to send an email;
3. To add a file to the letter, click the icon with the image of a sheet of paper or press and hold your finger in the message field until a menu appears in which you should select “Add document”;
4. The Files application window opens, in which you can select the desired file. Please note that by default, the iCloud Drive folder will open and if the file is located in another location (Google Drive, Dropbox, etc. – the programs must be installed on the device), you should return to the main screen of the Files application by clicking Overview in the upper left corner;
5. Another window will open in which the options for the added cloud storage will be indicated – tap on one of the items in the section Places.
6. After selecting the folder, you need to find the file and tap on its icon – it will be added to the letter.