iMessage is an excellent invention of Apple! The service allows you to send photos and videos for free, as well as chat with friends who have an iPhone, iPad or Mac. True, there is one nuance that must be remembered in the case of a transition from iOS to other mobile platforms.
♥ BY TOPIC: How to sign photos in the Photos app on iPhone for easy searching.
Why is this needed?
iMessage associates your phone number with Apple servers. Great – but exactly as long as you use your iPhone on iOS. Users who switched to another OS – Android, etc. – notice one oddity. They will not receive SMS text messages from iPhone users.
At one time, there were many scandals on this subject. But Apple says – this is not a “bug”, but a “feature” (feature) of the service. To avoid this, you need to untie iMessage from your phone.
♥ BY TOPIC: How to send handwritten iMessage messages on iPhone.
How to disable iMessage on iPhone
If you have already bought a new smartphone on another OS, but have not yet sold your iPhone, do the following:
1. Remove the SIM card from your new smartphone and insert it into the iPhone.
2. Go to Settings (gray icon with gears in the center), select Messages.
3. Toggle the slider opposite the inscription iMessage inactive (gray) position.
Done – now the binding of the service to your phone number is canceled. Any message from the owner of the iPhone will now be sent to your new smartphone as a regular message, bypassing the Apple servers.
♥ BY TOPIC: Tap on iPhone cover – take a screenshot: how to attach actions to touching the back of the iPhone.
How to disable iMessage over the Internet and untie the number
If you already got rid of your old iPhone, it doesn’t matter. There is another way – Apple created it just for such cases.
1. Go to the special section of the Apple site – Unregister in iMessage.
2. Go down to the inscription No more access to iPhone?
3. In the drop-down menu, select a country, enter your number (without a figure eight) and click on Submit Code. Keep in mind – the phone number must be the same as used for the very first setup iMessage. If you don’t already have that number, nothing will work.
4. A confirmation code will be sent to your smartphone. Enter the received numbers in the field confirmation code.
5. If everything is done correctly, you will see a screen with a large green “tick”. This means that your number is not connected to iMessage.