When creating an Apple ID, users are prompted to select one of the standard icon options for their profile. But over time, I want to make it more personalized and assign a new image to the account. You probably just want to refresh your picture sooner or later. This can be done quite simply, and right on your iPhone or iPad. And all the actions will take just a few seconds.
♥ BY TOPIC: Translate to iPhone: How to use the built-in Translate in iOS.
The reasons for changing your Apple ID profile picture may vary, but any image stored on your devices will do. In the future, the picture you have selected will appear in various Apple applications and services: Messages, Mail, Contacts, iCloud. It can be tricky for beginners to understand how you can change your profile picture in the Apple ecosystem. In our article, we will just tell you about changing the Apple ID profile picture on iPhone and iPad.
♥ BY TOPIC: How to turn off recommended contacts in the Share menu on iPhone or iPad.
How to change Apple ID profile picture on iPhone and iPad
Changing your Apple account profile picture is a fairly simple procedure on any iOS device. Just follow the steps below.
1. Open the app “Settings” on iPhone or iPad.
2. In the settings menu, tap your Apple ID name.
3. Click on the avatar located just above the name, as shown in the screenshot.
4. Now you will have a pop-up window at the bottom of the screen. Click on “Choose a photo”to browse your photo library and find the image you want to use. Here you can also take a photo or select a suitable one in the Files application (View … item).
5. Move the image and change the scale to your liking. Click the button Choose…
Once you change the Apple ID picture on your iOS device, it will automatically update by syncing across all your other Apple devices using iCloud.
If you are not currently using an iOS device, you can use the website iCloud.com → Account settings in the upper right corner.
This will install a new profile picture from any device with a web browser, no iOS installed is required.
This is an alternative and easy way to change your profile picture on a Mac or any other non-Apple device. Any changes you make to your profile photo using iCloud will also sync across all your devices.
If you are a regular iMessage user, it is likely that you want to simply add a profile picture for this app, leaving the rest unchanged. This is also possible.