Templates are pretty powerful tools for getting you started quickly with apps like Pages and Keynote. You will not find templates in the Mail app at this time. Nevertheless, many notice that when writing letters they repeat the same actions, typing the same phrases. This can be the basis for creating your own template.
♥ BY TOPIC: How to clear memory on Mac by deleting unwanted email attachments (Mail app).
Creating templates in Mail on your Mac will not take much time. And it’s better to pay attention to this than to re-type a new message each time. Try to create a template based on it, so that you can use it later if necessary. Here’s how to do it in Mail on Mac.
♥ BY TOPIC: How in Mail on Mac (macOS) to create signatures for each individual e-mail and use them.
How to create an email template in Mail on Mac
1. Open the application “Post office” on Mac and click Create New Message.
2. Click File → Save in the menu bar or close the email, and when prompted to save, click “Save”.
3. The created email will appear in the folder Drafts for the email account used.
You can leave this letter in the folder Drafts. But for a better organization, especially if you plan to create several templates, create a folder in the mailbox just for them. Please note that the Mail app on Mac calls folders folders, which may confuse you.
4. On the sidebar of the application “Post office” opposite the inscription Mailboxes click on the icon “+“(Appears on hover).
As the source for the location of the template folder, select “On my Mac”. And if you prefer to create a folder in a specific account, select it and click on File → New mailbox in the menu bar or icon “+“ next to the box name. In any case, you can choose exactly where your template folder will be located in the drop-down list. “Accommodation”.
5. Give the name of your folder. You can use something like “Client templates” or “Work Templates” or any other word or phrase that makes sense to you. Click OK.
6. After creating a new folder in your inbox, go to the email that you saved in “Drafts”, and move it to the created template directory. You can do this in several different ways:
- Drag an email from its location to a new folder.
- Right click on email, select “Move to” and set a new folder.
- Select a letter, click on the menu bar Message → Move to and set a new folder.
♥ BY TOPIC: How to set up an autoresponder for letters in Mail on Mac.
How to use email templates in Mail on Mac
Now that you’ve got everything set up, it’s time to use this new template!
Right-click on the email in the template folder and select Send again, or click on the letter and select Message → Send again in the menu bar, or press the key combination ⇧Shift + ⌘Cmd + D.
An email will appear in which you can add the recipient and make any necessary changes. When everything is ready, click “Send”. Easy, right?
♥ BY TOPIC: Mail on Mac: How to disable automatic download of attachments.
To save time when writing emails that are similar in content, you can use this instruction to create templates in Mail for Mac. You can spend only a few minutes and prepare this tool in advance, so that later it will save you a lot of time.