In order to fully use any device of the Apple company, you must have an Apple ID account and link to it. In this article, we will talk about what opportunities are opened after binding, how many devices can be bound, how to view associated devices and unbind them.
♥ BY THEME: Reminders on iPhone and iPad: Useful tips for using the app.
Why link to Apple ID?
After linking the gadget to the Apple ID, the following range of possibilities opens up:
- sync data (contacts, notes, passwords, reminders, Safari bookmarks, and more) from iCloud between devices.
- work with iCloud Music Library (for example, very convenient when using Apple Music)
- Purchasing media content and downloading previous purchases from the iTunes Store, App Store, iBooks Store, or Mac App Store;
- enable function “Automatic downloads” (purchased content on one device is automatically downloaded to all others tied to one Apple ID);
- enabling Family Sharing (purchases purchased from the App Store, iTunes Store or iBooks Store are downloaded for free to devices by family members of up to six people);
- subscribing to iTunes Match (uploading music to iCloud).
- and much more.
♥ BY THEME: How to rotate a portrait video on iPhone and iPad.
How many computers, iPhone or iPad can be linked to Apple ID
A maximum of 10 devices can be linked to one Apple ID (of which there must be no more than 5 computers). Computers and i-devices can be associated with a new Apple ID every 90 days.
How to view and unbind devices associated with Apple ID?
There are three main ways to do this – on the device itself, through iTunes, and through the iCloud service.
How to view and unbind linked devices directly on iPhone or iPad?
one… Open the app Settings and go to section iCloud…
2… Click on the account (Name, Surname, email).
3… Scroll down the page to the list of devices.
4… Select the required device from the list associated with this Apple ID. Password may be required.
five… To unbind a device from Apple ID (iCloud), click the “Remove from account “…
♥ BY THEME: All the button functions of the original headphones that came with the iPhone.
How to view and unbind connected devices via iTunes (Music app on macOS)?
one… Launch iTunes (or the Music app on macOS Catalina and later).
2… On the menu bar, open Account → View …
3… Enter your Apple ID login and password.
4… In field “iTunes in the cloud“(ITunes in the Cloud) click the”Device management“(Manage Devices).
The date or number of days after linking is also displayed.
♥ BY THEME: Black and white screen on iPhone: how to do it and why you need it?
How do I view and unlink connected devices via iCloud?
one… Go to the iCloud website on your computer.
2… Enter your Apple ID login and password.
3… Click your name in the upper right corner and select Account settings…
In field “My devices“All linked gadgets will be displayed.
Clicking on any of them will open the list. Having selected any gadget, there will be a cross to the right of it, clicking on which you will untie the device from Apple ID.