ITunes (replaced with app in latest macOS Music) on Mac and PC, allows you to view a list of devices associated with the Apple ID, as well as delete devices that are no longer needed.
♥ BY TOPIC: iPhone new, demo or refurbished (ref, CPO, like new) – how to check by model number.
When devices are tied to Apple ID
IPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac, Windows computers, and Android smartphones automatically bind to Apple ID when the owner uses certain features.
- Apple ID was used to authorize Apple Music;
- Music was downloaded to the iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch using the Music app;
- ICloud Media Library was included;
- Previous purchases have been downloaded from the iTunes Store, App Store, and iBooks Store;
- The feature has been enabled. “Automatic downloads”;
- The feature has been enabled. “Family access.”
After that, the device can download and play music (Apple Music), movies, TV shows and other content purchased from the iTunes Store. In addition, connected devices enable you to activate the function. “Automatic downloads” (when new purchases are automatically installed on all devices tied to the same Apple ID).
♥ BY TOPIC: How to wake up the screen of the iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone XS, iPhone XR and iPhone X: five ways.
How many and which devices can be tied to Apple ID
You can associate with Apple ID no more than 10 devices (Mac, Windows computers, as well as Android and iOS devices) at the same time, of which only 5 can be computers.
List of devices connected in iTunes, does not necessarily match the device listin which the user logged in with an Apple ID. This list can be viewed on the Apple ID account page.
♥ BY TOPIC: How to disable cellular Internet for certain applications on iPhone and iPad.
Why remove related devices
Devices associated with Apple ID are deleted in the following cases:
- You must add a new device, but the limit on the number of connected devices has already been reached;
- Cannot load previous purchases from the iTunes Store;
- Apple Music does not work or you cannot log into your Apple Music account;
- The connected device is about to be sold or given away.
♥ BY TOPIC: 5 ways to make iPhone speakers louder.
View and delete related devices on Mac and Windows
Go to the page “Account Information” following the link “View my account” in order to automatically open iTunes (application Music on macOS Catalina or newer macOS) and enter your Apple ID for authorization on the system. The same can be done differently:
1. Open the iTunes program (you can download here) or the application Music on new macOS versions;
2. Click “Account” → “To come in” and log in using Apple ID;
3. Select “Account” → “View …” in the menu bar or iTunes window or application Music on macOS Catalina or newer macOS;
4. The system may require you to re-enter your Apple ID password;
5. The Account Information page opens. You need to scroll to the section “ITunes in the cloud” and choose Device Management. The section will not appear if no devices are attached to the Apple ID.
♥ BY TOPIC: How to correctly shade secret data on screenshots in iPhone so that they cannot be seen.
How to view related devices
Select Device Management in order to view information about each associated device. To the right of the devices will be the date they are associated with the Apple ID. In addition, this page will contain information about how many days are left until the device can be linked to another Apple ID.
If the device is not listed, you can try to associate it with Apple ID.
How to remove related devices
Select Device Managementand then the button Deletelocated to the right of the devices. It must be remembered that up to the moment when the device can be associated with the new Apple ID, it may take up to 90 days.
In case the button Delete near the device is inactive, the user needs to log out of the iTunes Store account on this device and try again.
♥ BY TOPIC: How to turn on the modem mode and distribute the Internet (Wi-Fi) from iPhone or iPad.
How to remove paired devices on iPhone, iPad and iPod touch
On iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch there is no function to view a list of related deviceshowever, a device that can be accessed can be easily removed without using a computer. To do this, you need:
1. Select on iPhone, iPad and iPod touch “Settings” → [Имя пользователя] → “ITunes Store and App Store”;
2. Choose your Apple ID;
3. Select View Apple ID and if necessary, enter a password;
4. Scroll to the section “ITunes in the cloud” and click “Remove this device”.
♥ BY TOPIC: How to download video from VK (VKontakte) to iPhone or iPad and watch it without the Internet.
Pairing Android Devices
On Android smartphones, you cannot view or delete related devices. At the same time, the smartphone itself is included in the limit on the number of attached devices.
“The device is already associated with an Apple ID. The device can be associated with another Apple ID through […] days. “
This message appears when you try to associate the device with another Apple ID. In this case, the wait may take up to 90 days.