If you’re having problems importing contacts, adding a file to a calendar event, or saving another bookmark on your iPhone (iPad or Mac), you may have simply exceeded your iCloud limits.
♥ ON TOPIC: How to quickly translate sites (web pages) in Safari on iPhone and iPad: 4 ways.
It turns out that Apple limits the size and number of items to sync with iCloud, regardless of the plan you choose. To help sync successfully with Apple’s cloud service, you need to keep your content within the following limits for Safari contacts, calendars, reminders, and bookmarks.
♥ ON TOPIC: How to recover files (photos, documents, contacts) deleted from iCloud.
ICloud Contact Limits
The total number of contact cards that can be downloaded to the Contacts app on an iOS device or Mac via iCloud sync is 50,000. However, there are other restrictions to be aware of:
- Contact card size must be no more than 256 KB;
- The maximum size of an imported vCard must be no more than 256 KB, including text and photos in one of the supported formats (JPEG, BMP, PNG, GIF);
- The size of the photo in the contact card must be no more than 224 KB;
- Contact group size must be no more than 256 KB;
- All contacts (text only) must not exceed 48 MB;
- All contact photos must not exceed 200 MB.
♥ ON TOPIC: How to download a video from VK (VKontakte) to an iPhone or iPad and watch without the Internet.
ICloud limits for calendars and reminders
The total number of calendars, events, and reminders that can be used in Calendar and Reminders is 50,000. As with contacts, there are some limitations:
- The number of calendars and reminder lists must not exceed 100;
- The text data for all calendars and reminders must not exceed 1 GB;
- The size of the calendar event, including attachments, must not exceed 20 MB;
- The number of attachments for one event must not exceed 20;
- The number of invited participants for one event must not exceed 300;
- A private calendar can be shared with up to 100 users;
- The number of characters used for the name of a reminder should not exceed 1000.
♥ ON TOPIC: Check if you are saving contacts to iPhone correctly and syncing with iCloud.
ICloud bookmark limits
There are not as many restrictions for bookmarks as for Contacts and Calendar events, but they should also be kept in mind. You can create a total of 25,000 bookmarks. The maximum bookmark size is 4 KB, and for all bookmarks it is 24 MB.
ICloud limits for Apple Maps
Apple only allows 100 favorites to be saved, while the total number of seats in all collections should not exceed 300.