Keyboard shortcuts, in everyday life “hot keys”, are necessary to speed up the process of working with the system and programs. IN macOS there are also certain keyboard shortcuts, but not all of them are known to every user.
Some of the “hot keys” for the desktop platform are for your attention Apple:
Useful Keyboard Shortcuts for the macOS User
1. Ctrl + ⌘Cmd + Space – displays a full emoji keyboard.
2. ⌘Cmd + C and ⌘Cmd + V – “copy” and “paste”, respectively.
3. ⇧Shift + ⌥Option (Alt) – will allow you to adjust the sound volume in more detail.
4. ⌘Cmd + Tab – switching between running applications.
5. When selecting multiple files and pressing keys ⌘Cmd + ⌥Option (Alt) + Y – the slideshow will start in full screen mode.
6. ⌘Cmd + L – highlighting the address bar in the browser.
7. ⌘Cmd + ⇧Shift + 3 – will allow you to take a screenshot.
8. ⌘Cmd + ⇧Shift + 4 + Space – screenshot of a separate window.
nine. ⌘Cmd + ⇧Shift + 4 – screenshot of the selected part of the screen.
10. While holding ⇧Shift when the window is reduced, the slo-mo effect of this action will appear.
eleven. ⌥Option (Alt) + Backspace – removes not individual letters, but entire words.
12. ⌥Option (Alt) + one of the keys responsible for the brightness and volume of the sound – allows you to configure these functions.
13. Ctrl + Space – allows you to quickly bring up Spotlight.
fourteen. ⌘Cmd + H – will allow you to minimize the current window or application.
15. Highlight a few items, then hit the space bar – this will show them in Quick Look.
sixteen. ⌘Cmd + Q – close the active application.
17. ⌘Cmd + W – close the active window in the application.
18. ⌘Cmd + T – open a new tab in an application (for example, Safari or Finder).
A little more about hotkeys in Safari:
nineteen. ⌘Cmd + ⇧Shift + Point – enable the mode of viewing hidden files.
20. ⌘Cmd + ⇧Shift + G – if you press this key combination in Finder, then a window for transition to the folder will appear.
21. ⌘Cmd + ⌥Option (Alt) + H – allows you to hide all windows and applications except the active one.
22. ⌘Cmd +, (comma) – allows you to open the settings of the active application.
23. ⌘Cmd + ⌥Option (Alt) + ⇧Shift + Escape – holding these keys for 2-3 seconds, the current program will forcibly terminate its work.
24. ⌘Cmd + ⌥Option (Alt) + Escape – when pressed, a window appears, analog “Task Manager” in Windows, allowing you to close “frozen” programs.
25. Ctrl + ⌘Cmd + ⌥Option (Alt) + Power / Eject – shutdown of all programs and shutdown of the Mac, and the user will not be required to confirm this action.
26. Ctrl + ⌘Cmd + Power / Eject – computer restart.
27. Ctrl + ⇧Shift + Power / Eject – turn off the display, while the computer continues to work.