Google Maps is deservedly considered the most popular mapping service in the world and allows users to navigate and build routes almost anywhere in the world. At the same time, an Internet connection is not always required – there is a function to save individual areas to the device.
Creating an offline map of a specific area in the Google Maps iOS application was available earlier, but now you do not have to enter the phrase “Ok maps », it is enough to perform simple and understandable actions for everyone.
♥ BY TOPIC: Yandex.Navigator without the Internet (offline): how to use it on iPhone and iPad.
How to use Google maps on iPhone without internet
1. Type in the desired area in the application search (city, country);
2. Pull up on the tab the search results page that appears from the bottom of the screen;
3. Click “… “ in the upper right corner, and then in the pop-up window, select the option “Download map »;
4. Select the scale of the area to save, controlling the size of the received offline map. The larger the selection, the larger the size of the saved map.
5. Press button “Download” and wait for the download to finish.
6. In order to view all saved offline maps, click on the avatar in the upper right corner on the main application screen and select the section section Offline maps.
When you select a loaded map, the options will be available: Update, Rename and Delete.
Offline map settings are available by clicking on the gear icon in the upper right corner.
Naturally, offline maps differ significantly in functionality. So, without an Internet connection, the user will not be able to access routes for pedestrians and public transport, information about enterprises, traffic jams, road works, etc. Nevertheless, navigating in an unfamiliar city and building a car route is not difficult.
Download Google Maps for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch (App Store)