There are many reasons why you might want to change your Google password, from a potential security breach to your need to protect your privacy.
♥ BY TOPIC: How to download a video from VK (VKontakte) to an iPhone or iPad and watch without the Internet.
But even if you don’t have a specific reason, it’s wise to change your password every few months. This will help keep your account secure.
If you permanently cannot remember your password, you will probably need to recover it. This process is slightly different from changing your password. Password recovery can be helpful if you don’t remember most of your Google account information.
Here’s how to recover your Google password or change it to a new one.
♥ BY TOPIC: The most difficult passwords: how to think up and not forget them correctly – 2 tips from a hacker.
How to recover password on Google (YouTube, Gmail, Chrome)
If you recently bought a new device and don’t remember your Google services password, you’ll need to reset it.
1. To restore your account in your browser, go to accounts.google.com/signin/recovery
2. You will then be prompted to enter the email address associated with the account you want to recover.
3. You will then need to enter the last password you remember. If you don’t remember him either, then you should choose the option “Another way“. To do this, click on the blue link below and to the left of the password entry field, and then follow the instructions on the screen.
4. At one of the recovery steps, Google will ask you for a verification code, which will be sent to your phone number or other email address associated with your account.
5. Once you enter the confirmation code you received, you can recover your password.
If you don’t have a mobile phone number or other email address associated with your account, there are other ways to verify your account. To do this, you will have to answer questions from the security service. For example, you might need to give the date you opened your account.
♥ BY TOPIC: How to check the strength of a password online and find out how quickly it can be cracked.
How to change your Google password (YouTube, Gmail, Chrome)
1. Go to your Google account at myaccount.google.com
2. On the left side of the page, click on the tab labeled “Safety“.
3. Then in the section “Sign in to your Google account“You will see a tab labeled”Password», Which contains information about the last password change.
4. Click on the “Password“.
5. You will be prompted for your current password. After entering it, you will go to a new page.
6. Here you will need to enter a new password, and then again to confirm it.
7. Having set a new password, click the “Cchange password“.
Remember that changing your Google password on this service means changing it in other Google-related applications (YouTube, Gmail, etc.).
Write down or remember the new password. You will need it to enter into Gmail, YouTube, Chrome, or another device that will log into Google.