With the help of folders on the iPhone home screen, the user can easily organize their applications. There you can hide the icons of rarely used applications so that they do not clutter up the main screen or hide those elements that strangers do not need to see. In our short article, we will show you how to create and manage folders on your iPhone and iPad.
♥ BY TOPIC: Your correspondence in Telegram, WhatsApp or Viber is read: how to check it?
How to create a new folder on iPhone or iPad?
It’s very easy to create an application folder on the iPhone home screen.
1. Enter the “swing shortcuts” mode. To do this, tap on any empty area of the screen until all app icons start shaking. Or, press the program icon until it starts to tremble.
Another option is to short-press the app icon and then tap the “Change Home Screen» in the context menu that appears.
2. Press and hold the icon of one of the applications and drag it directly onto the icon of another application. But release your finger only when you see a faint outline around the label below.
3. After creating the folder, touch anywhere else on the screen to exit the “swing shortcuts” mode.
Note: if you are doing this for the first time, then you may need several attempts to achieve the desired result. But once you get the hang of it, you can quickly create folders by clicking on an app icon and instantly dragging it over another app or folder.
♥ BY TOPIC: How to set a password to launch (open) applications on iPhone or iPad.
How to create a new page inside a folder on iPhone or iPad?
If you have at least two applications in a folder, you can create a new page inside it and spread shortcuts to different screens. Here’s what to do:
1. Open an existing folder.
2. Enter shortcut jitter mode by clicking on an empty area. You will notice two dots or an extra dot appearing at the bottom of the folder.
3. Press the desired icon with one finger and drag it to the right. With the other finger, swipe left to go to the second page of the folder. Now drag the app to this new page of your folder.
4. Repeat these steps to create more pages in the folder. Remember that every page must have at least one attachment.
♥ BY TOPIC: How to speed up typing on iPhone is a useful tip.
How to add apps to folders on iPhone or iPad?
To add a new app to a folder, drag its icon from the Home screen to an existing folder.
Advice. To add multiple applications to a folder at once, tap and move the application icon slightly.
Now tap the icons of other apps, which will group them. Drag this entire group into an existing folder and carefully release your finger there.
♥ BY TOPIC: How to take a photo with a plume effect (long exposure) on iPhone: 2 ways.
How to remove apps from folders on iPhone or iPad?
To remove an app from a folder, press and hold the app’s icon, and then drag it from the folder to the home screen. Rarely, but it can happen that the folder is not automatically hidden and the main screen is not displayed. Then touch outside the folder to close it and see the main screen. Now drag the application there.
♥ BY TOPIC: How to buy games, applications, pay for Apple Music without linking a card.
How to rename apps folder on iPhone or iPad?
1. Open a folder.
2. Click on its current name until the apps start to shake.
3. Click × and enter a new folder name. You can also use emoticons as the folder name.
♥ BY TOPIC: How to turn off Auto-correction (correction) of text on Mac, iPhone and iPad.
How do I move a folder from one home screen to another on an iPhone or iPad?
Moving a folder from one home screen to another is similar to moving apps.
1. Tap on an empty area until apps and folders start to shake.
2. Drag a folder to the left or right edge of the screen to move it to an adjacent system screen.
♥ BY TOPIC: How to automatically improve photo quality on iPhone and iPad.
How do I add a folder to the dock on an iPhone or iPad?
Tap an app in the Dock and drag it on top of another app in the same Dock to create a folder. But this is a difficult option, you may need several attempts to get it right.
Therefore, let’s try to act easier. To quickly add a folder to the iPhone dock, make sure you have one free space there (that is, there are no more than three applications in the dock instead of the usual four). Now drag the existing folder from the iPhone home screen to the dock.
♥ BY TOPIC: Power saving mode on iPhone: what is it for and how to enable it: 4 ways.
How to remove a folder from the iPhone or iPad home screen?
Once you drag all apps out of the folder (or delete apps from there), the folder will automatically disappear.
If you click on a folder and tap in the context menu “Delete folder”, then the folder itself will be deleted, and all its applications will go to the application library, but not to the main screen.
♥ BY TOPIC: How to trim or crop video on iPhone and iPad without third party apps.
How to create a hidden folder on iPhone?
Without a jailbreak, there is no way you can create a hidden folder on your iPhone. But after hacking the system, it will be possible to create invisible folders. Another solution to this problem is to create a folder and then hide that home screen page, which will also hide all apps with folders on that page.
♥ BY TOPIC: How to check all your passwords for hacking directly in iOS on iPhone (based on stolen passwords).
How to lock a folder on iPhone?
You cannot lock, password protect, or create a personal folder on the iPhone home screen with standard system tools. But if you want to jailbreak, then there are a few tweaks just for setting up folder lock on iPhone.
Jailbreak Tweaks to Lock iPhone Folders:
- BioProtect XS to configure folder protection.
- FolderLock: password protect folders
- AppLocker: password protect apps and folders
♥ BY TOPIC: How to create place-based reminders on iPhone.
Can I create folders in the App Library or Today View?
Unfortunately, you can’t create folders in the App Library or Today View, which is only available on the iPhone Home screen. Folders or categories in the App Library are created automatically and users don’t have the option to customize them here.