When you are going to a business meeting, be it an online conference, a phone meeting, or a face-to-face meeting, you will most likely need at least one document. In order not to forget it for sure, add the required file to “The calendar” on your Mac.
♥ BY TOPIC: Continuity: How to get started on an iPhone or iPad and continue on a Mac, and vice versa.
However, if you do not set a reminder, there is a chance that you will still forget about it. Fortunately, the application “The calendar” can be configured to automatically open the right file at the right time.
It turns out that the standard application “The calendar” in macOS, it’s not just about organizing time. With this application you can schedule the launch of any file or program at a specific time. This useful feature is not familiar to most users, but at the same time it is extremely easy to use.
♥ BY TOPIC: Hotkeys for macOS Everyone Should Know.
How to make Calendar on Mac automatically open files when you need them
If you have ever created a new event in the macOS Calendar, then the scheduled opening of files will not seem like something new to you.
1. Open “The calendar” on your Mac;
2. Open or create a meeting;
3. For an existing event, click on the date and time;
4. Click on “Reminder” and select “Tune”;
5. In the first drop-down menu (where it says “Message”) select “Open file”;
6. In the second menu, where it is written “The calendar”, Press “Other” and select the desired file or application on your computer;
7. Set the time when you want to open the file;
8. Click the button “OK”…
To add several documents, open the event, click on the icon “+” next to the first notice and add additional files.
Now, at the time you set, the desired file will automatically open on the screen.
When the reminder is triggered, the selected file will be opened in the application that supports it. If you have, for example, several text editors on your Mac, then the file will open in the default one.
After that, you can set up a simple reminder time, or use recurring reminders (every month, every week). This can be very useful for reminders about keeping all kinds of diaries, filling out accounts, tables and other documents that need to be edited regularly.
♥ BY TOPIC: How to take a screenshot (screenshot) on Mac – 4 ways.
If for some reason the file does not open at the right time
– go to Calendar -> Settings -> Alerts… Make sure next to the options “Show shared calendar messages in Notification Center” and Show invitation messages in the Notification Center there is a check mark.
– click on the menu → System Preferences → Notifications → Calendar… Make sure that “Calendar notifications”, and “Banners” and “Warnings” included.
– click on the menu → System Preferences → Notifications → Do Not Disturb… Make sure that the automatic opening time of the file does not match the time when the mode is activated. “Do not disturb”…
Automatic opening of a document in the “Calendar” will not only remind you of it at the right time, but also allow you to check or print it right before the meeting.