During the first years of Instagram’s existence, the service did not allow hiding its stories from strangers. It was required to delve into the settings of a particular post, select unwanted subscribers for it and hide information for them. If it was required for this group of people to see the next story, it was necessary to go into its settings and remove the restrictions there.
♥ BY TOPIC: Instagram notifications: how to properly configure (enable / disable) to save battery and nerves.
Fortunately, in 2018, Instagram developers launched a feature with a literal name “Close friends”… It makes it much easier to share content with a limited group of your subscribers. Once you have created your close friends list on Instagram, you will be able to share your stories only with this list. If you occasionally post controversial content, personal opinion, or something frank, then this access option can relieve you of stress.
Instagram’s new partner app, Threads (download on iOS, download on Android), is specially designed for messaging with close friends. Now, when one of them sends you a message, you can see it both in the Threads application itself and in the Instagram “direct”. Of course, the program itself must already be installed.
Threads has some cool features that can’t be accessed via Instagram. For example, you can immediately send photos to close friends using the camera shortcut and set statuses with emoticons so that everyone knows what you are doing or your mood. And the auto status feature can also set your status based on location and battery level.
If you don’t know how to add people to your friends list, then in this article we will show you how to get started. You can do this via Instagram or Threads.
♥ BY TOPIC: How to view on Instagram all photos that you “like”.
How to add close friends to the Instagram app
1. Open the Instagram app for Android or iOS.
2. Click on your avatar in the lower right corner.
3. Here you can either tap on your username at the top of your profile and click “Close friends” (for iOS),
or click the menu button in the upper right corner and click “Close friends” (for iOS or Android).
4. If you do not have a list of close friends yet, you will see a screen with a button “To begin”… Click on it. This results in a list of suggested people that you can initially include on your list. There is also a link to information on how this function works. When you create your initial list press “Create List”…
5. Now when you select the menu “Close friends”, you will see your current list of close friends. In the upper right corner, you can click Add and find the friend you want to add.
Now press the button Add next to his name for listing.
♥ BY TOPIC: How to send voice messages on Instagram.
How to add close Instagram friends in the Threads app
The Threads application consists of three screens (tabs): Status, Camera, and Threads.
1. If you want, you can add close friends in the Threads app from Instagram. First, open this program and make sure you’re signed in to your account.
2. Go to the third screen (Threads tab). You can move the screens by swiping left and right.
3. At the top of the Threads screen, click the three vertical dots icon and select “List of Close Friends”…
4. You will see your current list of close friends. If you are just creating a list, you must select three or more friends in Threads. Use the search bar at the top to find the friend you want to add and click the empty circle next to their name. The invitation to create a new list of close friends will also appear the first time you start the program.