It is impossible to remember everything and it is much more logical to write down a significant date and not forget about it than to rely on memory and miss an important holiday for a loved one or friend. Of course, you can assign this task to reminders on social networks, but it’s much more reliable to use the standard iOS and macOS tools. In this article we will tell you how to add birthday reminder to any contact on iPhone, iPad or Mac.
♥ BY TOPIC: How to create contact groups on iPhone and iPad.
The proprietary Calendar application from Apple can track not only all your events and meetings, but also the birthdays of your beloved friends. But by default, this feature is turned off. How to enable it?
The Calendar in iOS has a special, separate “calendar” for the birthdays of all your friends added to the iCloud Contacts application. It also stores similar information from friends on Facebook and contacts in Google, Microsoft, and similar sources.
The calendar can not only show dates with birthdays. He will also notify you of how old your friends are, and will send you a reminder of this momentous event.
♥ BY TOPIC: How many contacts, calendars, reminders, and bookmarks fit on your iPhone (iCloud).
How to add a birthday on iPhone or iPad
You can make a memorable date through the application Contacts or Telephone (in the corresponding tab). Find the contact of interest and press the button “Edit”.
In field “Birthday“Add information and click”Done“.
♥ BY TOPIC: How to block iPhone calls from numbers No subscriber ID or Unknown.
How to set up birthday reminders on iPhone or iPad
1. Open the application on your iPhone or iPad The calendar Apple
2. At the bottom of the screen, click on the inscription Calendars.
3. Scroll down the screen and check the box next to Birthdays.
4. Click Done in the upper right corner of the screen.
Now your friends’ birthdays will be displayed in the iOS system calendar (the age is indicated in brackets).
Note: If you wish, you can add other sources there, for example, official public holidays of Russia (or the country where you live).
♥ BY TOPIC: How to make and set a ringtone (ringtone) on any iPhone without a computer directly on the device?
How to set up birthday reminders on iPhone or iPad
After using any convenient method for adding data on birthdays, it is necessary to activate notifications that we will receive when a memorable date arrives (otherwise why bother and drive in unused information).
1. Open Settings → Calendar → Default Alert → Birthdays.
2. Indicate the desired interval for the reminder:
- On the day of the event (9:00);
- For 1 day (9:00);
- For 2 days (9:00);
- During the week.
If you don’t need notifications, check the box next to Not.
3. Go to the section Settings → Notifications → Calendar.
4. Turn on system calendar notifications and adjust the display.
Recall if in the regular program The calendar memorable dates are not displayed, go to the “Calendars“. Make sure that opposite the “Birthdays”Is a check mark.
♥ BY TOPIC: iMessage and SMS, or why messages on the iPhone are blue and green.
Turn on syncing Contacts and Calendars in iCloud
To your Contacts and Calendars never lost, be sure to configure the synchronization of events of these services through iCloud. To do this, go to Settings → iCloud and activate the switch opposite the item and Contacts and Calendars.
♥ BY TOPIC: How to turn on the modem mode and distribute the Internet (Wi-Fi) from iPhone or iPad.
How to add a birthday to a contact on Mac (macOS)
If you don’t have an iPhone or just want to add a birthday directly from your Mac to your contact (all the more, it’s not less, and maybe even more convenient), open the application “Contacts“.
Use the search form to find the contact you are interested in.
If it does not exist yet, then click plus sign and select “new contact“.
To add birthday information to the selected contact, click the “Edit“Or click on the plus sign and select”Birthday“.
In field “Birthday“Specify the day, month and year, and then click the”Done“.
♥ BY TOPIC: ICloud keychain on iPhone, iPad and Mac: what is it and how to use it?
Turn on your Birthdays calendar and activate reminders on Mac
If you are an active iPhone user and have been adding birthdays to the additional contact fields for a long time, on the Mac you only have to turn on the display of the special calendarBirthdays”In which these dates will be marked.
1. Launch the “The calendar»And in the menu bar through a similar tab, go to Settings (keyboard shortcut Command (⌘) + comma)
2. In the tab “The main“Check the box next to”Show birthday calendar“.
3. In the sidebar on the left, check the box opposite the calendar “Birthdays”.
Note: if you don’t see the list with calendars in the sidebar, open the calendar, select in the menu bar at the top View → Show Calendar List.
If you want to receive birthday notifications, select Settings → Alerts and specify the desired interval.
Now, when an event occurs, you will receive a system notification in advance and directly on the person’s birthday.
♥ BY TOPIC: How to call from an iPhone to an extension by dialing it right away.
How to Add Birthday to Contacts on iPhone, iPad, or Mac via iCloud.com
You can also change contact information through the iCloud.com cloud service, for this:
1. Log in to your account and go to the “Contacts“.
2. Find the contact of interest or click on the plus sign and select “new contact“.
3. In the selected contact, tap “Edit“.
4. Scroll through the list of available fields to the end and click the link-button “Add a field.”
5. In the menu that appears, select “Birthday”.
6. Add the information in the appropriate form and click the “Done“.
♥ BY TOPIC: Apple Books (iBooks) – The Best ePub Book Reader for iPhone and iPad: 10 Good Tips.
Turn on birthday reminders on iCloud.com
1. Log in to your iCloud.com account from your computer.
2. Click on the application icon The calendar or go to icloud.com/calendar.
3. In the sidebar on the left, select the desired calendar, then click on the gear in the lower left corner of the screen and click on the inscription Settings.
4. In the general settings, check the box next to Calendar “Birthdays”.
5. Click Save.
6. Click on the birthday calendar in the sidebar to see it.
Note: if you do not see the sidebar, click on the icon to the left of the inscription Day at the bottom of the screen.