Counterpoint releases one infographic each quarter to summarize smartphone market actions in a single fast overview. Apple led This autumn 2022 shipments worldwide with energy in North America, Asia and Europe, although weak in Latin America (LATAM), Africa and the Center East (MEA).
A couple of fast observations in regards to the smartphone marketplace for This autumn 2022:
- The worldwide smartphone market grew 9% quarter-on-quarter, however declined 6% year-on-year within the fourth quarter of 2022, clocking in at 371 million items, from 396 million within the fourth quarter of 2020.
- Apple surpassed Samsung to turn into the highest smartphone vendor within the fourth quarter of 2022, with 81.5 million items.
- Xiaomi shipped 45 million items within the fourth quarter of 2022, up 5% yr on yr. It grew marginally regardless of extreme elements shortages.
- Samsung shipped 69 million items within the fourth quarter of 2022, a ten% enhance from the fourth quarter of 2020, primarily as a result of elevated demand for its mid-range A and M collection smartphones.
- vivo declined 12% year-over-year to 29.3 million items within the fourth quarter of 2022, with 8% market share. Notably, vivo misplaced the primary spot to Apple in China within the fourth quarter of 2022.
(Click on on picture to drastically enlarge)
Within the first quarter of 2022, Apple opened a brand new retailer in Abu Dhabi to proceed their development within the Center East and announce the launch of the inaugural entrepreneurial camp for Hispanic and Latin founders of 9 app firms from america. US, Brazil, Guatemala and different areas to construct on their efforts in Latin America.
This week Apple is introducing their next-gen iPhone SE and certain at a cheaper price, which is the quickest strategy to appeal to extra consumers within the Center East, Africa and Latin America.