Users of the Google Chrome browser are already quite comfortable working with it not only on Windows, but also on Mac. Moreover, Apple is constantly working to improve the compatibility of the ideological rival’s product with its operating system. In early 2021, an official Apple extension appeared that allows Chrome to use passwords from iCloud Keychain. This step will simplify the work of owners of Apple gadgets in the Windows environment.
♥ BY TOPIC: ICloud backup, iCloud sync and iCloud Drive sync, what’s the difference?
Until recently, iCloud Keychain Access was only available in the Safari browser. This tool created and stored strong passwords on iPhone, iPad and Mac, and now it can be used in the Chrome browser on Windows and macOS. All data is synchronized, that is, passwords created in Chrome on Windows will appear on Apple devices and vice versa – all Safari passwords from iPhone, iPad and Mac will become available in Google Chrome.
♥ BY TOPIC: Tap on iPhone Cover – Take a screenshot: How to bind actions to tap on the back of an iPhone.
How to enable keychain password sync with Google Chrome on Windows computer?
You can access passwords saved in Keychain Access in Chrome on a Windows PC if it has iCloud version 12 or later installed first. You can download the iCloud app for Windows here.
After installing the application on your computer, launch it and sign in with your Apple ID:
Then check the box next to Passwords and press Apply…
A message will appear stating that you need to download an extension to work with passwords in Google Chrome. ICloud Passwords… Click on Loading or go directly to the iCloud Passwords extension page following the link.
Reboot your computer.
♥ BY TOPIC: How to teach iPhone to automatically turn on Power Saving Mode.
How to access saved password from Apple Keychain in Google Chrome?
If you go to a site that requires a password, the service ICloud Passwords can help you with automatic input of the secret combination.
1. On a Windows computer, navigate to the landing page in Google Chrome.
2. In the browser, click the button ICloud Passwords… A notification may appear about the need to enter a confirmation code – enter a combination of six numbers in the window that appears in the lower right corner.
3. Now select the account you are going to use. The username and password will be entered on the site automatically. Then you can log in.
♥ BY TOPIC: How to add a voice alert when charging an iPhone or iPad.
How do I add a new password to iCloud Keychain from Google Chrome?
If you are just creating a new account or entering a password that is not stored in iCloud, then the service ICloud Passwords prompts you to remember your credentials. This will allow you to use them on your iPhone, iPad or Mac with ICloud Keychain…
1. On the site that opens in Google Chrome on a Windows PC with a request to log in, enter your credentials or create a new account. You may need to enter a six-digit access confirmation code in the pop-up window. Keychain…
2. In the notification that appears in the lower right corner of the Windows screen, click the button “Save password”… This action will save the new account (username and password) in iCloud. If you do not want to save the data, then select “Not now” or “Never for this site”…
If you choose the second option, this setting can be subsequently reset, if necessary, but on a Mac computer.
♥ BY TOPIC: How to automatically change wallpaper on iPhone or iPad based on time, place, etc.
How do I update my existing iCloud Keychain password in Google Chrome on Windows?
It happens that you change the password on the website, while there is an old combination in the Keychain. It can be updated for the next correct login to the site. In this case, the updated password will appear on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch or Mac running the service. ICloud Keychain…
1. Go to the website you need in the Google Chrome browser on your Windows PC and log in with a new link of credentials (username / password). You may need to enter a six-digit keychain access confirmation code in the pop-up window.
2. In the notification that appears, click on “Update password”… If you don’t need to update your iCloud password, click “Not now”…
♥ BY TOPIC: How to return incoming calls to iPhone in full screen like before.
How do I check iCloud Keychain passwords saved in Google Chrome?
The decisive role in this issue is played by the icon displayed in the browser for the site.
|This website has a saved password. Click on the button to access it.|
|This website has a saved password. Service must be activated ICloud Passwords to gain access to credentials. Click on this button and follow the further instructions.|
|No password has been saved for this website, or the service ICloud Passwords cannot fill any fields on the current page.|
|Check if iCloud Passwords is turned on and if you’re signed in to the iCloud app for Windows at all|