Every successful businessman has his own secrets of achieving prosperity in business, but there are also universal recommendations that work for almost any person in any field of activity. Business Insider has compiled a list of tips for your success.
♥ BY THEME: Does IQ affect success, or what prevents us from becoming successful people?
1. It is not necessary to turn your favorite hobby into work, but the work should be enthusiastic. If what you do matters to you, everyday work will only bring pleasure.
2. If the job isn’t exciting, consider the benefits. For example, decent wages or bonuses help provide for a family and this can be a great incentive.
3. Surround yourself with positive people and you will get positive results.
4… If you spend most of your time doing what you do best, you are more likely to be happy.
5. And vice versa. If the bulk of your time is spent correcting mistakes, irritation will build up.
♥ BY THEME: 15 quotes from billionaires, after which you will change your attitude to money.
6. Learn new skills and be patient with yourself during the learning process.
7. The only way to keep up with the times is to constantly learn something new.
eight. In the process of mastering new skills, be prepared for numerous beginner mistakes.
nine. The more calm you are about your own mistakes, the faster you will learn something new.
ten. If you believe that change is needed, be the one who leads the change process.
♥ BY THEME: Yanni or Lorl? It’s incredible, but people hear this word differently. What do you hear?
eleven. Start small and grow gradually.
12. Move from simple to complex.
13. Always try to improve yourself in all aspects – from technical skills to leadership qualities.
fourteen. The hardest part is figuring out when to stop. Nobody can teach this. At some point, you must make your own decision.
15. If you really believe in what you are doing, have confidence in the result and know the methods to achieve it, believe in yourself and do not stop halfway, even if (especially if) others think you are insane.
♥ BY THEME: 11 facts from the life of a successful leader.
16. Crazy is doing the same thing in the same way, but expecting a different result. If the result is poor, make adjustments and try again.
17. No one becomes successful alone.
eighteen. Ask for help. Be specific about what kind of help you need, and when you get it, be grateful.
19. People perceive the world in different ways. Two people can attend the same conference and have different experiences. Use this to your advantage.
twenty. Don’t give up variety. The best way to compensate for your own shortcomings is to find a team with different strengths.
21. Treat people with dignity and respect, even if you don’t like them.
22. No matter how successful you are, there is always someone more successful than you.
23. There will always be people who have achieved less than you.
24. You will never have all the resources (time, money, staff, etc.) needed to implement a project or operate a company.
25. Lack of resources is not an excuse, but rather a nuisance that turned out to be a boon. In such cases, you will have to use a creative approach to problem solving.
♥ BY THEME: How brand names appeared: Ikea, Lego, Pepsi, Reebok, Skype, Sony, Canon, Google – 16 stories about the origin of the names of famous companies.
26. Creativity and innovation are skills that are formed and practiced by performing normal processes in a new way.
27. In the early stages of a career, company formation, or project development, there are many things you need to approve of. In the last stages, you will have to say no.
28. Negative feedback (in other words, criticism) is necessary. Don’t reject it or take it as absolute truth. Highlight the grains of truth and ignore the rest.
29. The same goes for positive reviews. Don’t automatically accept (or reject) them.
thirty. Don’t let other people’s opinions (positive or negative) affect your self-perception. Treat such reviews as you would any other.
31. When you are critical, talk about work and refrain from getting personal.
32. Think big. Dream big.
33. Treat your dream like a guide to life. It is not necessary to immediately make a dream come true, but to achieve it, you need to take many steps.
34. If you think big, you’ll hear “no” more often than “yes”. Do not follow the opinion of others, decide for yourself.
35. When you achieve positive results, you will have to redouble your efforts. Don’t give up the chance, and the ability to manage with added responsibility will come along the way.
♥ BY THEME: 5 secrets of successful business from the leaders of Apple, Intel and Microsoft.
36. If there is a secret to success, then it is this: tell others about your plans and use any possible methods for this. The more people understand the essence and purpose of your plans, the easier it will be to attract those who can help in the implementation of projects.
37. Expand your network of contacts. Meet new people and keep in touch with acquaintances.
38. It doesn’t matter what technology or service your company is working on. It is not the product that matters, but the users and improving their quality of life. Concentrate on this aspect and your project is more likely to be successful.
39. No matter how huge the success is, no one is immune from failure.
40. Don’t think of failure as bad. This is part of the process.
41. Take risks, but don’t take rash risks.
42. Don’t expect failure, but allow the possibility. The best way to win a big battle is to come up with an alternative plan of action in case of failure.
43. In some cases, it will be necessary to drop caution and put everything on your idea. No one can tell when such a moment will come. If you are sure, take action.
44. Learn to firmly say no.
45. Say yes as often as possible.
46. To say yes more often, set boundaries or workload around your yes.
47. Getting what you want does not mean happiness. Happiness is the art of being content with what you already have.
48. Any work involves interaction with people with a complex character. Be polite, do your job well, and don’t let a difficult subject distract you from the project.
49. Concentrate on what you want.
50. If you really want to change the world, gain influence and use it to bring about change. Do it openly and others will follow your example.