IPhone users have dreamed of getting this feature for a long time, and now it appeared in iOS 14 (a detailed overview of new features). This is a new compact phone call interface. Now this window does not occupy the entire screen.
♥ BY TOPIC: How long does an iPhone battery last, how to count charge cycles and when is it time to change the battery.
Up to iOS 14, incoming calls on the iPhone were displayed in full screen. In other words, if you don’t want to pick up the phone, but you don’t want to drop the call either, you will have to wait until the call ends. Only then will it be possible to return to what you did earlier.
The new compact iPhone calling interface features a banner alert at the top of the screen that makes it easy to mute a call with a swipe gesture, answer calls and keep doing the same, or go to the full screen dialing / audio UI. options / mute, etc. in the Phone app or third-party apps.
Note: iOS 14 is currently available as a free public beta as well as a developer beta. We have already covered how to install this software.
♥ BY TOPIC: How to turn off recommended contacts in the Share menu on iPhone or iPad.
Features of the Compact Phone Call Interface on iPhone in iOS 14
- A compact phone calling interface is installed by default on the iPhone in iOS 14 (similar to the iPad).
- You can answer or reject a call with a compact alert at the top of the screen using the green or red button.
- After answering, you can use the iPhone as before.
- To minimize the compact call window, swipe the banner up.
- To expand the minimized Phone application, click the green phone icon in the upper left corner.
- Swipe up on the banner to mute the ringtone without dismissing it.
- Click or swipe down on the compact call interface to make it full screen. This will give you the ability to see the audio output options, dial pad, etc.
- When your iPhone is locked (screen off), you will see a full screen alert for incoming phone and video calls.
♥ BY TOPIC: In iOS 14, at the top of the screen, a green or orange indicator lights up: what are they for?
Answering calls with the compact iPhone calling interface
After answering a call using a compact banner, it will automatically hide in a few seconds. You can also swipe up during a conversation to make the banner disappear immediately.
Click the call icon in the upper left corner to expand the window (go to the Phone app).
To go directly to the full-screen interface for audio and video calls, swipe down or click on the compact banner:
♥ BY TOPIC: Tap on iPhone Cover – Take a screenshot: How to bind actions to tap on the back of an iPhone.
Mute or reject calls with iPhone’s compact call interface
To reject a call, simply press the red button. Swipe up on the banner to mute the ringtone without dismissing it.
The ringtone can still be muted by pressing the volume button on the iPhone, but the compact call banner will remain on your screen.
You can always go back to full screen alerts for audio and video calls via Settings → FaceTime → Incoming calls or Settings → Phone → Incoming callsif for some reason you don’t want to use the new compact interface.