Regardless of the reason, someone who decides to switch from an Android gadget to an iOS device will most likely need to transfer contacts. There is nothing complicated in this process.
♥ BY TOPIC: How to post Live Photos from iPhone to Instagram: 3 Ways.
In order to transfer contacts from Android device to iPhone, you need to use Android OS version 4.0 or higher and iOS 9 or higher. Compatible devices include iPhone 5 or later, iPad 4th generation and later, iPad mini 2nd generation or later, and iPod touch 6th generation.
In addition, you need to make sure that both devices are connected to the same Wi-Fi network as well as a power source.
♥ BY TOPIC: 20 iPhone features that can be disabled for most users
Transferring contacts from Android to iPhone
The easiest way to transfer contacts from Android to iPhone is with the software tools that Apple provided for both operating systems.
1. When you turn on the iPhone for the first time (after activation), the user will see the screen “Programs and data“. Click “Transfer data from Android“. If you’ve already set up your iPhone, you should start over from the beginning by rolling back your device to factory settings. So:
♥ BY TOPIC: How to activate and set up a new iPhone.
2. On your Android device, download the “Move to iOS»(Link) from the Google Play store.
3. Select “Proceed»In the Android app, then agree to the terms.
4. On the next screen you will see the message “Find the code“, Which says:” If you do not see the code on your iPhone, make sure you are in the process of setting up your iPhone for the first time and select Transfer data from Android“.
5. On the new device, wait until the ten or six-digit code appears.
6. Return to your Android device, enter the code, then wait until the data transfer screen appears.
In this case, we are talking about transferring contacts from Android to iPhone. You can also move your message history, photos and videos, web bookmarks, mail accounts, and calendars.
Note: during this process, you must defer both devices until the download bar on the iPhone fills up, regardless of what the other device is showing. Depending on the number of contacts, the process may take a few seconds or minutes.
♥ BY TOPIC: How to restore contacts and other information to iPhone without backing up.
How to move contacts manually
Since using the above tool requires resetting the iPhone to factory settings, it is better to move contacts manually. This assumes that the contacts are already stored in one of the email services such as Google, Microsoft Exchange or Yahoo.
To ensure your contacts sync correctly with iCloud in the future, be sure to check out this article.
To move contacts from Gmail, Microsoft Exchange, Yahoo, etc. manually do the following:
1. Open the application “Settings“On your iOS device and select”Accounts and passwords“.
2. Select “Add account“.
3. Select an email service, then enter your username and password.
4. On the last page, switch “Contacts“To position”Incl.” and press “Save“.
Ideally, an automated process is recommended for transferring contacts. However, depending on the circumstances, you can also do this manually. As you may have noticed, this process is relatively simple, regardless of the method you choose.