Surely not all Telegram users know that the popular messenger for iOS and Android allows you to send and receive self-destructing messages, including text, photo and video files. When sending a message, users of the messenger will be able to set the period of time during which the content will be available to the recipient.
♥ BY TOPIC: How to clear (delete) Telegram cache on iPhone, iPad, Android, Windows or Mac.
How to send self-destructing messages in Telegram (text, photo and video)
1. Select the chat in which you want to send self-deleting photos and videos.
2. Tap on the user’s name or avatar at the top of the screen to go to the contact page.
3. Click on the three-dot icon “…“And in the menu that appears, select “Start a secret chat”… A secret chat with the selected user will be created.
4. Click on the clock icon in the line to compose the message.
5. Set the time after which, every chat message you sendwill be permanently deleted. The user will be offered options: from 1 to 15 seconds, 30 seconds, 1 minute, 1 hour, 1 day and 1 week.
Note: By default, message recipient secret chat does not use self-deleting messages. In order for the second chat participant to also be able to send you self-deleting messages, he needs to repeat steps 4 and 5 in this chat.
When sending a photo and video as a message, the interlocutor will receive content in the form of a cloudy image with an indication of its “lifetime”. After the user touches the downloaded file, a countdown will begin.
- Self-deleting (disappearing) messages (text, photo or video) cannot be viewed in the desktop or web version of Telegram.
- If the recipient or sender of the message takes a screenshot of the received (sent) content, both chat participants will receive a corresponding notification.