The email client on Mac always keeps in memory a list of those email addresses with which you corresponded. When you write a new letter, the application post office often prompts you to choose the address you want from several different options at once. But what if you don’t need it?
♥ BY TOPIC: How to open your favorite sites in Safari on Mac using keyboard shortcuts.
No, really – sometimes such “helpfulness” is just annoying! For example, you get three options – and you have used two of them once in your life and will definitely not use them either now or in the foreseeable future. Or the person’s work email address has changed. So how do you get rid of the annoying “information noise”? Fortunately, in the app post office there is a special setting. With it, you can easily remove annoying E-mail. Please note – we are not talking about completely removing the email address from the Mac, but only about “destroying” the corresponding prompt.
♥ BY TOPIC: How to delete files past the recycle bin on macOS.
How to remove unnecessary suggested email addresses in the Mail app on macOS
1. Open the app post office on your Mac.
2. From the menu bar, select Window → Previous recipients…
3. Find the email address you want. This can be done either in the list (located just below), or through the search bar.
4. Select it with a mouse click and click Remove from list…
5. If necessary (if there are more than one addresses to be deleted) repeat. Please note – the list of previous recipients is synchronized with all your other devices. That is, if you delete an address on your Mac, then after a while you will not see the corresponding prompt on the iPhone either.