Not all iPhone and Mac owners are aware of a useful feature that allows you to set a password for individual notes in a preinstalled application. So you can reliably protect important data or add protection for photos.
Now we recall all the nuances of the configuration and operation of this option on iOS and macOS.
📍 thanks re: Store for useful information. 👌
How to enable lock notes on iPhone
1. Go to menu Settings – Notes – Password.
2. Set a new password for notes and a hint for it.
3. Turn Touch ID / Face ID on or off to unlock notes.
4. Click Done to save your changes.
How to enable note lock on Mac
1. Open app Notes.
2. In the menu bar, select Notes – Settings and select Set password.
3. Enter the password and a hint for it.
4. Confirm the changes by pressing the button Done.
How to lock a note on iPhone
After the password for notes has been configured, to block it is necessary to do the following:
1. Open the note you want to block.
2. On the menu Share this select item Block.
3. Enter the set password to block or log in via Touch ID / Face ID.
4. A lock indicator will appear at the top of the note, click on it to lock the note.
Now to access the note you will need to go through authorization.
How to Lock Note on Mac
1. Select the desired note in the application.
2. In the menu bar, select File – Set password protection.
3. Enter the set password for notes.
4. Click on the lock icon and select Lock all protected notes.
When notes syncing via iCloud is turned on, the lock will turn on and off on all devices with your Apple ID account.
How to reset password for notes on iPhone
To change the password, do the following:
1. Go to menu Settings – Notes – Password on the iPhone or Notes – Settings on Mac.
2. Click Change Password.
3. Enter your old lock password or select Reset the password.
4. In the second case, you will need to enter your Apple ID password.
5. After entering a new password and confirmation, it will be installed.
Be careful and set a hint for the password set. You can change the code, but it will act only for new notes.
Old data will be protected by the old password. If you forget the unlock code and do not enable authorization via Touch ID / Face ID, then you will not be able to view the old note.
… and don’t forget to read our Facebook and Twitter
Now no one will look at them for sure.
I love technology and everything related to them. I believe that the greatest discoveries of mankind are yet to come!
- Before ←
Apple has opened stores in China, but checks all visitors for coronavirus