The Apple Watch is a very enjoyable and useful accessory in which audible notifications play an important role. True, you don’t always need to hear them. Usually sounds are some kind of warning or reminder, help to know the time. But if you’re traveling to places where such sounds can annoy others, then it’s perfectly reasonable to wish to silence your Apple Watch temporarily.
♥ BY TOPIC: What are Active Calories in Apple Watch.
And so you never forget to turn on Theater or Silent Mode, you can configure scripts to automatically activate them based on your location. In this article we will tell you how to do it.
♥ BY TOPIC: How to turn on Apple Watch in bedside clock mode (Night mode).
Automate Theater or Silent mode on Apple Watch
Automatic activation of the “Theater” mode
Theater mode on Apple Watch works best when you’re in a movie or live theater performance. In this mode, the watch display remains off even when you lift your wrist. However, you can still receive important alerts with tactile notifications.
To set up automation mode “Theatre” on Apple Watch:
1. Open the app “Quick commands” (link) on iPhone and go to the tab “Automation”…
2. Click on the plus sign at the top to add a new item and select “Create automation for yourself”…
3. Select an option Arrival.
4. Click “Select”, select the location where you want to mute your Apple Watch, and then tap “Done”… If desired, you can set the time range or simply set the trigger to any time.
5. Click “Further”and then press “Add action”…
6. Here you can scroll through the offers, but it’s easier to type in the search field “Watch”… This will display the clock icon at the top of the list of apps, tap it.
7. In the list of actions for the watch, select “Customize Theater Mode”…
8. Make sure it is set to Incl.and then press “Further” and “Done”…
If you visit more than one cinema or theater, then you can create additional automation for other places too.
♥ BY TOPIC: How to set your Apple Watch to change automatically based on time and place.
Automatically turn on silent mode
And there are places in which the silent mode will show itself better. You can lift your wrist and see the time on your watch, but the Apple Watch won’t make any sounds. Good examples of suitable situations for silent mode include going to church, seeing a doctor, and mourning.
1. Follow steps 1 through 6 above.
2. Select as the action “Set up silent mode”…
3. Make sure it is set to Incl.and then press “Further” and “Done”…
♥ BY TOPIC: Apple Watch Series 6, SE, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 water resistance: can you swim and what you need to know.
Automatically deactivate theater or silent mode
Both the silent mode and the “Theater” mode are very convenient to automatically turn on when you arrive at a certain place. But what happens after you leave there? And if we can talk about the possibility of forgetting to set the watch to the desired mode, then in the same way you can forget and turn it off. So why not set your automation to turn off silent or theater mode?
Follow the same steps as in the first set of instructions to create the automation you want, but you need to make these two changes:
When you get to step 3, select Departure instead Arrival and keep choosing a place.
When you get to step 8, click on the highlighted in blue Incl.to switch it to Off (or use “Ask every time”if this option is more convenient for you).
Now, when you leave a theater, church or other similar places in which one of the silence modes was used, the clock will automatically turn on and you will hear sound alerts from them again.
♥ BY TOPIC: How to extend the life of an Apple Watch battery that is continuously charged overnight.
Smart devices can make our lives much easier, and their automation further increases the impact of these assistants. The simple steps to turn off the sound on your Apple Watch on time are well worth the minutes you spend creating automation in Quick Commands. Are you going to teach your watch to turn off automatically in the right place and at the right time?