In this article, we will tell you how to set a ban on the ability to share data about your location, as well as disable access to geolocation services for selected applications.
♥ BY TOPIC: IPhone geolocation settings: what do they affect and which can be turned off to save battery power?
This material does not take into account the possible tracking of the user’s phone via cellular communication. In most cases, this service is available only as a paid service from some operators (applies only to family members), as well as at the request of law enforcement agencies.
♥ BY TOPIC: How to display photos or videos from iPhone or iPad to TV – 4 ways.
Only you know your Apple ID password?
Are you sure that the password of your Apple ID entered along the way Settings → Your Name → iCloud none (friend, girlfriend, husband, wife, sister, brother, etc.) don’t know?
Here is a simple life situation. A husband (boyfriend) gives his wife (girlfriend) an iPhone with geolocation services enabled (described below) and independently registers an Apple ID for her. Naturally, the girl would never think to change anything. But here it is worth considering that a person who knows the password and login of the Apple ID can not only constantly monitor the location of the devices linked to the account (this is done this way), but also remotely block the iOS device, for example, after a quarrel (again, an example from life ).
How to proceed?
1. You need to change your Apple ID password. But most likely you will face another problem – you will not be able to remember the Security questions that are necessary to change the password. If two-factor authentication was enabled, security questions are not used.
2. If you cannot change the password (but you know the old one) – disable the option Find iPhone along the way Settings -> Your name -> Latitude -> Find iPhone.
3. If you do not know the password, all that remains is to resort to partial (described below) or complete disabling of Geolocation along the way Settings -> Privacy -> Location Services…
♥ BY TOPIC: How to turn on flash (flashlight) on calls and notifications on iPhone.
How to prevent geolocation tracking for friends added to Latitude on iPhone
If you did not understand anything from the subheading written above, then we will try to briefly explain. IOS on iPhone and iPadOS on iPad have a standard app Locator… With this program, you can set up (instruction) joint tracking of geolocation between users by adding them as friends.
List of friends added to the app Locator posted along the way Settings -> Your name -> Latitude…
There is nothing criminal in this function. This tool can be very useful, for example, to monitor the location of children, elderly parents, etc.
To check if you are sharing your geolocation with someone, do the following:
1. Open Settings -> Your name -> Latitude…
2. To disable the ability to share geolocation with all friends in the application at once Locator, set the switch “Share location“To position Turned off…
3. If you need to disable the ability to track your location for a specific user, then select him from the list of friends and at the very bottom of his contact card click on the link button “Don’t share my location”…
♥ BY TOPIC: Invisible on Instagram, or how to watch when the user was online and how to turn it off.
How to prevent access to location in various applications on iPhone or iPad?
1. Open Settings → “Confidentiality“.
2. Go to the menu “Geolocation Services”…
3. Select the required application (for example, “Telegram”, “Locator“, “WhatsApp” etc.) and check the box next to “Never“.
♥ BY TOPIC: iPhone keeps track of all your movements (places visited): where to watch it and how to turn it off.
How do I prevent changes from being made to Share Location on iPhone?
In case your phone sometimes falls into the hands of, for example, family members or friends, it will not be superfluous to set a ban on making any changes to the geolocation settings on the iPhone. After that, no one except you will be able to change the settings of the geolocation parameters, even if the unlocked phone falls into the wrong hands.
1. Open Settings → Screen time…
2. Enable the feature if it is disabled.
3. Go to the section “Content and Privacy” → “Geolocation Services”…
4. Check the box next to “Prevent changes“.