The WWDC 2020 presentation told us about new versions of operating systems for a number of Apple devices. The Apple Watch, on which you can already install watchOS 7, was not left without attention.
♥ BY TOPIC: How to find an iPhone using an Apple Watch.
The current beta versions of iOS 14 and watchOS 7 are quite stable, so if you want, you can try them out right now.
It should be noted right away that to install watchOS 7 you need to upgrade your iPhone to iOS 14. We talked about how to install iOS 14 on iPhone in detail in this article. Also, keep in mind that watchOS 7 is not available for all Apple Watch models. You can find a list of compatible Apple watches here.
After you install the beta version of iOS 14 on your phone, you need to download the watchOS 7 beta profile, and then download and install the watchOS 7 beta for early testing of its functions.
♥ BY TOPIC: 3 types of flashlight in Apple Watch: what you need, how to turn it on and off.
How to download and install watchOS 7 beta profile
Install the beta version of iOS 14 on your iPhone. You cannot update the operating system of a watch to the one you need without iOS 14. It will not be difficult to find instructions on how to install a beta version of the system on your iPhone. We will take care of the hours.
1. Open the Safari browser on iPhone with iOS 14, follow the link and click Download to download watchOS 7 beta profile configuration.
2. In the menu that appears, click Allow.
3. Three times click on Install and enter the password code.
4. Click Reload to restart the Apple Watch.
At the same time, a special profile is established that informs Apple that your Apple Watch is allowed to install this beta version of watchOS 7. You must perform this procedure only once. After that, all watchOS 7 updates will be installed, similar to regular watch updates.
♥ BY TOPIC: How to watch exchange rates on the Apple Watch without installing additional applications.
How to install watchOS 7 beta
After rebooting the Apple Watch, pick up your iPhone again. You will need to use the application Watch to connect and install the update. You must make sure that your Apple Watch is connected to the charger, that they have at least 50% charge. You will need an internet connection. You will need to keep your iPhone nearby while the update is in progress.
1. Open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone.
2. Go to the tab My watchclick item The main, and then Software Update.
3. When you see the watchOS 7 beta as an element there, click Download and install.
5. Enter the passcode for the iPhone.
6. Confirm your acceptance of the terms and conditions.
7. Download of the update will begin, followed by installation.
The installation of the watchOS 7 beta will begin. It will take some time, immediately after the installation starts, you will not be able to use the Apple Watch until the update is complete. But you can use your iPhone during this process, only the smartphone should be kept closer to the Apple Watch.
After the update is complete, you can start testing watchOS 7 and its functions.