Introduced at WWDC 2020, Apple’s new operating systems for iOS 14 and iPadOS 14 mobile devices are available for installation as a test version of iOS 14 beta and iPadOS 14 beta.
- On which iPhone and iPad can I install iOS 14 and iPadOS 14 beta
- Should I upgrade to iOS 14 or iPadOS 14?
- When will the official version of iOS 14 be released for all users?
- Where to download the profile for installing iOS 14 beta and iPadOS 14 beta on iPhone or iPad by air
- How to install iOS 14 beta and iPadOS 14 beta on iPhone and iPad using beta profile
- Do I need to install a new profile for the next beta of iOS 14 or iPadOS 14?
On which iPhone and iPad can I install iOS 14 and iPadOS 14 beta
You can install iOS 14 beta on the following iPhone and iPod Touch:
- iPhone 11
- iPhone 11 Pro
- iPhone 11 Pro Max
- iPhone XS
- iPhone XS Max
- iPhone XR
- iPhone X
- iPhone 8
- iPhone 8 Plus
- iPhone 7
- iPhone 7 Plus
- iPhone 6s
- iPhone 6s Plus
- iPhone SE 2
- iPhone SE
- iPod touch (7th generation)
Meanwhile, iPadOS 14 will no longer support iPad mini 4 and iPad Air 2. They appeared on sale in September 2015 and October 2014, respectively, but received support for iOS 13.
Recall that the owners of the iPad since 2019 have been able to upgrade to a special version of the iPadOS mobile platform, which will be more closely integrated with Mac computers than iPhone smartphones.
You can install iPadOS 13 beta on the following Apple tablets:
- 12.9-inch iPad Pro
- 11-inch iPad Pro
- 10.5-inch iPad Pro
- 9.7-inch PiPad Pro
- IPad (7th generation)
- iPad (6th generation)
- IPad (5th generation)
- iPad mini (5th generation)
- iPad Air (3rd generation)
With the release of iOS 14 and iPadOS 14 beta, Apple developers also distributed a beta profile that installs iOS 14 and iPadOS 14 beta “over the air”. This greatly simplifies the installation procedure, recall that previously, to install the first beta, a computer was required.
Should I upgrade to iOS 14 or iPadOS 14?
We will not recommend installing test versions of iOS 14 beta and iPadOS 14 beta, however, we note the high stability, speed of the test version of the firmware, as well as the presence of many interesting functions, such as: widgets on the main screen, function Picture-in-Picture on iPhone, built-in translator and more.
When will the official version of iOS 14 be released for all users?
The official release of iOS 14 will be held in September 2020 with the release of iPhone 12.
Where to download the profile for installing iOS 14 beta and iPadOS 14 beta on iPhone or iPad by air
iOS 14 beta and iPadOS 14 beta can only be installed by setting a developer profile. You can download the profile for installing the firmware on iPhone or iPad using the link in the instructions below.
How to install iOS 14 beta and iPadOS 14 beta on iPhone and iPad using beta profile
1. Open the Safari browser on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch and follow this link.
2. Click on the button Download.
3. In the pop-up window that appears, click “Allow”.
4. Launch the application “Settings”, click on the menu item that appears “Profile uploaded” or go to the menu Basic → Profile, select the downloaded iOS 14 & iPadOS 14 Beta Software Profile, and click the button. “Install” in the upper right corner.
This action allows you to install the beta profile of iOS 14 and iPadOS for developers, which in turn will allow you to upgrade your iPhone or iPad to the new beta version of iOS 14 and iPadOS, respectively.
5. Enter the password code and confirm the beta profile setting two more times.
6. Click Reload.
7. After rebooting, open the application again “Settings”go along the way Basic → Software Update and press the button Download and Install.
Installing iOS 14 beta or iPadOS 14 beta will start automatically immediately after downloading to the device.
Do I need to install a new profile for the next beta of iOS 14 or iPadOS 14?
Not. The installed profile of iOS 14 (iPadOS 14) will be valid until the release of iOS 15 (iPadOS 15). New updates to iOS 14 beta and iPadOS 14, including bug fixes, as well as new operating system features, will automatically appear on your iOS device.
The final official version of iOS 14 and iPadOS 14 for all users will be traditionally released in September.