Mail client on Mac offers many features for convenient sorting of incoming emails – automatic sending to different folders, removing spam and even playing sound when certain messages arrive. You can also “colorize” certain letters in your favorite colors.
♥ BY TOPIC: Smart Folder Finder on Mac: How to Create, Customize, and Use.
How to customize the color of specific incoming emails on Mac
Open the Mail app (Mail in the English version) on your Mac and do the following:
1. In the menu bar, select post office → Settings.
2. Click on the caption Filters → Add.
3. Specify a name for the new filter.
4. Next to the inscription If a select All of the following conditions are met..
5. In the next line, you select the conditions for creating the filter.
Example: In the first drop-down menu, leave the option Sender. If you need a filter by message content, replace Sender to a wider setting – Message content. In the second menu, leave the option Contains, and in the third indicate the email address or keyword.
If you want to add several conditions at once, click on the plus sign and add a new condition in the line that appears. Repeat the operation until you have specified all the rules.
6. Select an action (in our case, add color). To do this, in the line with the inscription Run next actions click on the first drop-down menu and specify the option Set message color. Specify the desired color in the drop-down menu on the right.
7. Click OK.
Further post office will ask you whether to apply the new rule to letters that are already in your inbox. To agree or refuse, click the appropriate button.
Done – Now post office will mark with special color incoming messages matching your rule.
If you notice that it does not work, check out the possible reasons from the official Apple Help:
The Mail program stops applying filters to a message after using an action “Turn off filters”, and also after sending the message to another mailbox by means of filters used on the mail server, on the computer or on the device synchronized with your computer.
If you use iCloud Drive, your filters will be available on your other Mac computers where iCloud Drive is enabled. Files attached to filters, such as sound files or scripts, will not be available.