The Blue Screen of Death, or BSOD (Blue Screen Of Death), is an error displayed on a computer screen when something fatal has happened to it. If Windows 10 displays a solid blue background with an error message Stop Code: DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL, then this may indicate a problem with the system drivers.
♥ BY TOPIC: Windows computer freezes? Hotkeys to help solve the problem.
Errors like this can be especially frustrating when you’re doing something important. It’s good that the computer does not have to be carried for repair, but you can try to fix the problem yourself. But, before proceeding with the fixes, you must understand the causes of the DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL error.
♥ BY TOPIC: How to disable Windows 10 login password: working ways.
- Why does the error “Stop code: DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL” appear?
- How to fix “Stop Code: DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL” error in Windows?
- Manual ways to update system drivers to fix IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL error
- Check for Windows Updates
- Use Device Manager to remove outdated drivers
- Fix “Stop Code: DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL” using Advanced Driver Updater
- Fix “Stop Code: DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL” error using System Restore
- Which option helped you fix the Stop Code: DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL?
Why does the error “Stop code: DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL” appear?
As stated above, the main cause of the Blue Screen of Death error is faulty drivers. These system programs are programmed to access the wrong hardware addresses. But the problem is not limited to faulty drivers, there are other reasons leading to the “blue screen of death”. What are we talking about?
Other causes leading to DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL or BSOD error include improper installation of software, device drivers, corrupted system files, faulty hardware, outdated Windows system, etc.
♥ BY TOPIC: iCloud on a computer, or how to upload photos, videos from the cloud to Windows and vice versa.
How to fix “Stop Code: DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL” error in Windows?
There are many ways to fix this Blue Screen of Death error. The first and foremost step is to fix the problem by updating outdated, incorrect and faulty drivers. To do this, you need to install updated or new drivers for your system. This can be done quickly with manual manipulation of system settings or with an efficient tool such as Advanced Driver Updater. It will help you fix performance problems on your system caused by outdated drivers.
♥ BY TOPIC: How to install Apple TV screensavers on Windows and Mac.
Manual ways to update system drivers to fix IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL error
Since the IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL error means there is something wrong with any of your system drivers, device memory or antivirus software on your device. Here’s a way you can try:
Check for Windows Updates
To check for the latest Windows updates, follow these steps:
1. Go to the menu Start -> Settings -> Update & Security…
2. In the section “Update and security»Select Windows Update -> Check for Updates…
3. After completing the process, reboot the system to apply the updates.
♥ BY TOPIC: How to make Windows 10 look like Windows 7.
Use Device Manager to remove outdated drivers
It is always best to fix the root of the problem, and in our case, you will need to remove the outdated and corrupted drivers to fix the IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL error in Windows 10. In most cases, outdated and unknown drivers will be marked with a yellow icon in front of them. So, here’s how to fix the driver problem:
1. Click Win + Rto open the window “Run”…
2. Enter devmgmt.msc and click OK. Will appear on the tap “Device Manager”…
3. Locate the faulty driver, then right-click on the device name and select Uninstall device.
Now restart your computer and your problem should probably be solved.
♥ BY TOPIC: How to configure Windows to eject USB sticks and drives without using Safely Remove.
Fix “Stop Code: DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL” using Advanced Driver Updater
1. Download Advanced Driver Updater, install and run it.
2. On the home screen, you will see if your system drivers are up to date or out of date.
3. If the drivers are considered outdated, you need to update them. To do this, press the button “Start Scanning” in the tab “Condition”…
4. The driver scan will start.
5. After scanning is complete, you can click “Refresh All”to update any outdated drivers.
6. After the process is complete, you need to restart your computer to apply the required changes. You can search for outdated drivers again using the above process. This will most likely solve the problem in the end.
♥ BY TOPIC: 32- or 64-bit Windows: What’s the Difference and Which System Should I Install?
Fix “Stop Code: DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL” error using System Restore
In addition to updating your drivers, you can also fix the Stop Code: DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL error in Windows 10 by performing System Restore. This is the last option in which the user can fix an error with such a code with a few simple steps. To do this, press Win + R and open the “Run” window and enter rstrui.exe there, and then click OK. Now click “Next” and select the restore point created before installation. Click on the Next button again to restore the system to the state of the selected date and time. Follow the further instructions to complete the recovery process. Restart your computer and check if the problem is resolved or not.
♥ BY TOPIC: How to speed up Windows 10, 8 or 7 by disabling unnecessary operating system services.
Which option helped you fix the Stop Code: DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL?
Updating device drivers is one of the best ways to fix Blue Screen of Death and errors like IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL. This error is quite common on Windows, and we have listed the best possible fixes in our step-by-step guide. Did this article help you? Maybe you know some other ways to fix such errors? Share your experiences and thoughts with us in the comments.